The Master’s Programme of the Department of Informatics was established and started operating during the academic year 2013-14 according to:
- Law 4009/2011 and specifically article 80, par. 11.
- Law 3685/2008, as it has been modified according to art. 27 of Law 3794/2009.
- The Ministerial Decree 119752/Ε5 which approved the Programme of Postgraduate studies of the Department of Informatics of the Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki.
- The Postgraduate Programme Regulations of the Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki.
The Programme awards a Master of Science (MSc) degree on “Web Intelligence” to the students that have successfully passed the examination requirements of the courses included in the programme, in combination with their involvement to the overall education and research activities described in the programme guide of the department of Informatics and the Postgraduate Programme Regulations of the Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki.
The award of this MSc degree allows students to continue their studies for a PhD degree.
The normal and minimum duration of study for this Programme is 3 semesters, which include one semester for the Master’s Thesis. The maximum duration of studies cannot exceed the normal duration plus two semesters (5 semesters in total).
The number of students admitted to this Programme is 30.
In addition to that, the following students are also admitted:
- one student with scholarship from the IKY foundation on the scientific field of this Programme and
- one foreign student on scholarship from the Greek Government.
Each semester includes 12 weeks for teaching and 2 weeks examination period.
Indicative dates for the Fall and Spring Semesters:
|1 October 1 – October 14||Fall Semester|
|October 15 – January 31||Fall semester teaching period|
|February 1 – February 14||Fall semester regular examinations period|
|March 1 – June 30||Spring Semester|
|March 1 – June 15||Spring semester teaching period|
|June 16 – June 30||Spring semester regular examinations period|
|September 15 – October 14||Second chance examinations period|